Thursday, June 11, 2009

NCC was asking about my house. My house is a Victorian., c. 1880, with the classic Toronto red brick. It look like this house except that each floor is much higher and the third floor is a complete floor in length and height. The third floor has a balcony. The second floor has a large balcony that spans the width of the house and has the same area as a living room. I enjoy my balconies because the street is gardened and tree lined. The balconies are nestled in a tree canopy which gives the feeling of being in a tree house.

The downtown neighborhoods in Toronto are similar in that the areas contain a high density of artists and urban chic. This creates vibrant neighborhoods with the feel of a small village. The residences walk to the local shops for groceries. The shopping is wonderful with designer shops of all sorts with in a walk or a 15 minute street car ride. Cinemas, theaters, galleries, top restaurants, and innovative cafes,in one of North Americas larges art centres, are with a half hour street car ride.

23 comments:

  1. Sounds just beautiful and a fun place to live. I love neighborhoods like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool. I love that type of setting also. I figure that is where I will win dup if I ever give up the farm- some funky artist haven in some downtown area. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

    TORONTO???

    How could you.
    Humpfh.

    Oh, nice house.
    My sister has one similar.
    (re-tuning)
    in Toronto!

    <')'s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking!!! Whoosh, glad I commented. Need soup?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How elegant, love your home, sounds like a wonderful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew.

    I'm not in Toronto anymore.

    Love your house! Two balconies?
    Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tapeworm got more responses than my house did. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap!!! that is gorgeous !!! I have never lived in a city but for something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'd love it Fern. I have all the original oak woodwork and plaster ceilings. I was in the process of restoring the embossed ceilings on the second and third floor before I got sick. Needless to say it didn't get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any dung beetle facilities? If so, that thar's prime real estate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TB,
    I was hoping that you would drop by. I've set up a special beetle facility in the garage for you. There's plenty of space for dung storage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I evicted the Junebugs living in my front lawn an gardened the whole front lawn. Thankfully they haven't come back. The neighbor garden their front and don't have lawns. Most places including my own back yard has a bricked garden. I love herringbone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tapeworm? That's right up my... alley!

    ReplyDelete
  14. RPFLMAO.
    Boy that TB.You never know where she'll burrow up.

    alley,....
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

    snerkle..

    ReplyDelete
  15. humpfh..
    STILL nada.

    Hope you're all okay!

    Hugs to Trooper Dooper!

    ping....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Word verf
    was

    Thrush..

    check trooper..
    heck, check everybody, it's so wet!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pinging Troooper..

    helllloooo?

    awwwwwwww..
    scritch,scritch,scritch.....

    sighhhh

    ReplyDelete
  18. Avatars are busted, everywhere.
    weird.

    PING!

    Hugs and thanks again, and to husband, so sorry I missed ya!
    The rose was beautiful, hon. My silly mini-roses are still trying to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OkaY, I'll say SOMEthing nice about Toronto.
    It has a lake.

    The colours have been beautiful, especially on the DVP.

    That's two.

    Toronto is south of here.
    oooops.

    OH, I Know!!
    Sarah's in Toronto!
    I knew there was ONE redeeming feature.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Horse posT! I love the information you have and how incredibly well you present it.

    ReplyDelete